Thursday, February 3, 2011

Goodbye Formica. Goodbye Forever.

So, we get to say "Sayonara" to the formica that lives on our kitchen and guest bathroom countertops. I cannot tell you how excited I am about all of this!

HOW did I overlook this when we bought the house? I must have been in "I-want-a-house-now-so-I-can-deal-with-that-some-other-time" mode. It has been the bane of my existence for four years now.

I have learned to overlook it, but it always comes back to me and says "Hi, Kristina...I am ugly!"

We are taking care of that. A friend of mine has a remodeling business and he is coming to work on this issue tomorrow. I am not going to reveal what we are replacing it with just yet--you will see pictures when it is done.

For your viewing pleasure and my "Haha..in your face, formica!" pleasure...here is the kitchen now:


Ghastly and mauvvvvve. I know. It's frightening--I am aware.
 

(Pay no mind to the dishes drying. I was way too lazy to put them away for this mere photo-op)

And here is the guest bathroom:

Ummm...can you say YAWN?! What was I thinking?

I will be back to show you the after when it is all done. SO pumped! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my..oh my my my. Mauvvvvvve. But kudos on getting those replaced! Can't wait to see the new ones! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same napkin holder. And dish drying mat. Just thought you should know. Cannot WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds. Great taste, my Rachey!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...