Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chrismakuh is around the corner!

If you are new here, Chrismakuh (I am very proud to say I made up that word. All on my own.) is Christmas and Hannukah. Creative, I know. We celebrate both in this house :)

I have been MIA for a week. School has run me dry and squeezed every bit of energy out of me this past week. Two very important tests are coming up and I loathe the pressure it puts on me. SO...I decided to take a break from it all and start decorating for Chrismakuh!

I will say that I am lousy at decorating an entire house. I focus on the mantle and that's about it. I am not a crazy holiday over-decorator. I did not get that gene from my mom. She is a wild wild decorator for holidays. That woman can embellish the hell out of a house! Love that about her.

Anyways, back to my lazy minimalistic approach on decorating. Here's our mantle this year:
Like last year, I mixed different textures. I like the rustic feel. I already had everything, so I am happy to say that my mantle cost me $0 this year. Woo!  I made a quick little pennant banner and tossed it on an empty frame, threw some candles in some Mason jars, plopped some ornaments in a wooden bowl and that's about it. I know you enjoy all of my lovely verbs--tossed, plopped, threw, etc. See? I knew you did.


Since my child is two and likes to pull at anything...I decided to move the stockings away from the mantle this year. I hung them from our china cabinet in the kitchen--safe and out of the way from prodding little hands! The stockings say (from left to right) "Dad", "Ethan" and "Mom." :) Those are about the only words I know how to write, besides my name, in Hebrew. I am really kickin' butt with this second language thing, let me tell you... ;)


Back to the school grind. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and wish you a great week!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...