Thursday, December 15, 2011

A camera, best friends, and the middle of nowhere.

I say "middle of nowhere" but it was actually right down the street. It just felt like the middle of nowhere. It was awesome. It's a nature preserve and it's gorgeous. Who knew there was still some land that hasn't been over-run by buildings and parking lots here in Jacksonville?

Back to the camera and best friends part of the story.

You all have heard the name Rachel time and time again on here. Yes, I talk about her a lot, but she is, after all, my nearest and dearest friend. We have been besties for 24 years! She's a part of my family and I love her:











She's all "It's hard to look at my face so close up." But, how could one not say "Damn, I look pretty good!?" in these pictures.

And these are just a handful of the 6 trillion perfect pictures she gave me. I would say we pulled it off pretty freggin' sucessfully. We had the best time. Laughing, being creative, chasing the light, falling in turtle holes, getting bitten by bugs, scraping up our legs, and dodging flying bats one foot from our faces.

Speaking of turtle holes. I fell into, what Rachel describes as, a turtle hole. She didn't even hear me fall--it was a "silent fall." Haha! She was all "Oh my gosh, are you OK?!" And I was all "Oh my gosh...my camera! Check my lens...is there sand in it? I can't bare to look!" Luckily the lens was sand-free and we went on our merry ways.

Here is the carnage:
I was lucky to have survived...

Damn turtle hole. It was big, I swear.

At one point, I wanted to see what blonde hair looked like with the backlight, so Rach snagged a picture of me:
Kinda cool...looks like I am on fire. I am happy to report that I was not on fire.

We will be doing MANY more shoots in the future. Not to sound like a broken record, but we had a blast!

Love my best friend. Hope you are lucky enough to have one of these in your life too. They are kind of amazing.

Have a great rest of the week!

Love,
K

2 comments:

  1. I seriously need to cut my bangs for our next shoot. That pic makes your foot/leg look horrendous. Hope it isn't too nasty lookin' today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...