The goal was for everyone to make a small dish or two, tapas-like, and we could all sample each dish and just enjoy the food. We started cooking at 3:00 and didn't go home until about 9:30. Yes, 6 1/2 hours of cooking and eating. SO fun. Again, they were very small portions, so we didn't get stuffed or disgustingly full. You should try it some time. I took pictures as we went--I was the designated documenter :) Here's a few things that we made:
I made my favorite bruschetta:
And Ofir and I collaborated on mini chicken picatta:
My brother, Drew, made sweet potato raviolis (homemade!) with sage butter sauce and topped with pancetta. Yes, sweet potato. They were ahhhmazing:
And he also made a yummy fish dish with a potato and parsnip mash and spinach with a saffron/vanilla sauce. Sounds weird, but totally wasn't weird in my mouth. :)
Kevin made steak tacos with a great corn, tomato, bean and pepper relish:
My mom made precious cornish hens (I just pretend that these are not darling baby chickens...just small grown chickens, uh I mean...cornish hens). They were filled with a delish french bread and fig stuffing:
She also made a lovely, light salad topped with fried gouda cheese. Oh yes...fried cheese:
And finally, my stepdad, Mike, made dessert. He made rum baba. Pretty much pastry, rum and whipped cream. Mmm hmm:
I don't even like rum...but these babies were gooood!
Foley was bored with the cooking. We humans are not very interesting. Unless we are offering them food.
My mom brought these. Love:
-K










No comments:
Post a Comment