Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A quick makeover.

Spray paint is my friend. I love it. It can transform anything (almost) with a quick spray (Haha! My creativity astounds me) of the bottle!

I picked up this color today at my beloved Hobby Lobby:

I picked up this color to cover these:
No offense to anyone that would fancy this candlestick holder in their home, but it is just not me. In the slightest. Soooo....I bought it with the hopes of spraypainting away the Grandma-ness of it. And I use Grandma in the nicest, most respectful way possible.  :)

Grandma-ness gone, if you ask me. As you can see, sweeping and raking are amongst our least favorite things to do in this world. Case in point, the bed of leaves on the back porch. Excuse that.

Love this for a wall in the living room somewhere. Somewhere being the operative word. Sometimes I pick things up that I find for a steal and know I will eventually put it to good use. Hobby Lobs for this guy, too.

Here was the mantel before:

And here is the quick after with the fun candlestick's new home:
Just a tad bit of more fun color up there on the mantel. I didn't even realize he would match his pillow friend until I took this picture.

"M" will find a new home soon. I will be sure to let you know when I do. I know you will be anxiously waiting--day and night.

Love,
Aqua Candlestick Lover Extraordinaire

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love your decorating style! I've been thinking of doing gray in my bedroom! I've different shades of green in there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, love! Go for the gray!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You guys" meaning ME. LOL!!! Ofir is not the painter at all! Haha! Thanks hunnie! I already have a show on cable. You didn't know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue! Makes me excited for the loft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can paint but I leave it for you to do because you really love to paint. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...