Monday, November 22, 2010

Salmagundi.

I thesaurus.com'ed "hodgepodge" because this is what this post is--a hodgepodge--and this was one of the words they gave me. Salmagundi. It was the most interesting out of the bunch, so I chose it. I am so cool. I dictionary and thesaurus.com on a daily basis, just so you know.

I have nothing in particular or fancy to talk about.

We finished up our Thanksgiving shopping this evening and topped it all off with a pecan pie. But not just ANY pecan pie. We are talking a Costco pecan pie. Pie for miles. Who needs a 22 pound pie anyways? We do. We had a photo shoot with the pie to illustrate how big it was. I couldn't decide if I liked my picture with the specimen or Ofir's picture with the specimen. So, here are both:

I look like I have two black eyes and orange hair. I blame that on the bad lighting. And Ofir looks like he is posing for a mug shot. This pie is just about the size of his head. Now THAT's a big pie. ;) Aren't we cute?

This is what I am eating at this very moment:

YUM. I haven't had orange sherbet in like 35 years. Weird, considering I am only 26.

My child has learned the meaning of the word "No" and has learned to dislike it very much. When I would say that dreaded word before, he would just stare at me sweetly. Well, now when he gets the "No" as he is tossing his food off of his highchair tray or digging his hands in the fireplace (I need to get a glass cover, I know.) or pulling all of the wipes out of the plastic container, etc etc etc...he gets mad and fusses back. Cute. I was hoping he would continue on with the sweet smirk, but....nah, we would rather whine now.

My bestest friend on this green planet, Rach, visited us today. Gosh, we love her. I just have to brag about her for a moment. She is someone I can say anything to and act any way with and she GETS it. I hope each and every one of you reading this has that one (or few) friends who you can completely be yourself with and have no worries. She is such a hard working nurse and I am so proud of her for everything she has accomplished. Not that she dosen't hear this from me often, but I love her bunches. E loves her to bits and has a blast with her any time he sees her. (xoxo)

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

On a sidenote, my husband is folding his very first basket of clothing in like 7 months at this very moment. He figured he would go ahead and fold that load that has been dry, sitting and waiting patiently in the dryer for days now. He is only folding because that is where all of his clean underwear are hiding. He was running low and became desperate. I don't know who in the world taught him how to fold T-shirts because he sucks at it. Haha! They are crooked and wrinkled. Better him than me though, so I will deal with a few wrinkles in my shirt. Ladies, does the man in your life suck at folding shirts too?? God love him. He gets an "A" for effort. <3

2 comments:

  1. Awh, Stiney! You just melted my heart! You're TOO sweet. I just love you to pieces. (Not that I don't tell you that often!) Thanks for that. :) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, PS: I totally snagged some Sunny Orange at Publix after reading this! YUM.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...