I have a few recipes, or things I threw together, to share with you on this fine day. The first one is a quick, cute Valentine's treat you can make for your friends, coworkers, etc. It's a Valentine's Day trail mix:
Cute, right? Super simple too! The thing I like about homemade trail mix is that you can mix (No pun intended. Yeah it was.) in anything that YOU like. You can leave out that nasty nut that always gets pushed aside :) I threw in some unsalted peanuts, red, pink and white M&M's, Craisins, and a few semi-sweet chocolate chips. So yummy. So adorbs. You know what else I like about this trail mix? You can make it for any holiday! Just change the color of M&M's and the ribbon and you are set, my friend. Have fun with it!
Secondly, and most excitingly, green smoothies!
Don't you always garnish with a cucumber or something of the sort? Of course! Nah, this was just in the sake of capturing a cute photo. No, I don't garnish. I usually throw it in an old plastic Taco Bell cup or something. Don't worry. :)
I have recently fallen in love with these! If you are on my Facebook you may have seen a picture I posted of Ethan inhaling one of these. The base is always kale and/or raw spinach and cucumber. I'll throw in some fruit; anything I have on hand, really. Bananas, oranges, pears, grapes, pineapple, apples, etc. etc. etc! I'm am just so damn excited that I get these greens in Ethan every single morning and he dosen't even know it! You see, the natural sweetness of the fruit seriously overshadows any bitterness that the greens may have. You cannot even taste that you are sucking down cups of greens. I love that for him and Ofir and I! Makes me feel a little better knowing we are all getting that raw, healthy, green goodness every single morning! Give them a try!! You won't need any sugar or anything. You will need water (or you could use any juice if you wanted...I just use water though) to thin it all out. You can have this as a mid-day snack too! Whenever you want...just do it!
I hope you try these two, very simple make-them-anyway-YOU-want recipes!
Have a marvelous day!
Love,
K


No comments:
Post a Comment