Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The grass is greener...or so they tell me.

So, I have been having that God-awful urge to MOVE. I have that God-awful obsession with getting out of Jacksonville. God-awful. God-awful. God-awful. Will someone please help me?! It's not that Jacksonville is the worst place on the planet. It really isn't that bad at all (Hello gorgeous weather!). I just left my heart in another state it seems.

Is the grass really greener on the other side? The grass was greener in western North Carolina, let me tell you. Oh, I would love for us to move there and live in the boonies, shop at Ingles, drive 10 minutes up our gravel driveway, pick apples every year in the orchard, not see a Starbucks on every block, eat at places called Dixie Diner for breakfast with a waitress named Betty Sue...and just plain live a simpler life.
However, I don't know if I would have the courage to move away from my bestest friends and lovely family (or The Town Center...Hah!). I really don't know that I could.

I love you NC. I miss you:
I will continue to mope around until my husband gives me the green light to come back to you, favorite-state-of-mine.

Love,
Kristina
Moper Extraordinaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...